Senior Image Quality Engineer, Silicon
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Image Processing, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in image quality tuning or evaluation, camera ISP, display, or video codec.
- Experience in image quality assessment protocol or tools (e.g., Imatest, etc.).
- Experience with programming languages such as C, C++, or Python.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Image Processing, or a related field.
- 12 years of experience in image processing algorithms, tuning or evaluating image quality of camera ISP, display, or video codec subsystems.
- Experience in Integrated Circuit (IC) design flow and the development of multimedia chips.
- Experience in communicating and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
In this role, you will be responsible for tuning and evaluating the image quality of camera Image Signal Processor (ISP), display, and video codec subsystems. You will have an understanding of image processing, camera ISP, display, codec technologies, or experience in image quality tuning and evaluation.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage the fine-tuning of image quality parameters (e.g., color, contrast, sharpness, noise reduction, and dynamic range) for camera ISP and display subsystems.
- Evaluate camera ISP, display, and video codec algorithms and identify areas for improvement to enhance image quality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize image quality at the block and system level.
- Analyze and troubleshoot image quality issues, and provide solutions to improve the image quality.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest image quality research and developments.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?