Engineering Manager, Pixel Biometrics/Fingerprint
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in embedded system and devices software industry, and in technical leadership or people management.
- Experience with data structures or algorithms in either an academic or industry setting.
- Experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Python.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- Experience in low level systems interacting with hardware/sensors.
- Experience working with embedded systems software or firmware development.
- Experience developing accessible technologies and working with Quality Assurance.
- Understanding of Android Framework.
About the job
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Work on next generation biometric sensor projects. Design and develop other features to deliver the best biometric authentication experience on Pixel devices.
- Evaluate new sensor parts and sensing technologies, and extend to memory, power, and performance optimization.
- Collaborate with internal (hardware/framework/UX) and external partners to land innovative sensing experiences on the Pixel devices.
- Work on debugging system software issues, including those reported by Dogfood and Public users.
- Mentor and support our engineering team.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?