Supplier Quality Engineer, Power, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Bangkok, Thailand.
Remote location(s): Thailand.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in power technology, power manufacturing process, quality management or related role in the technology industry or a technical field.
- Certification of American Society for Quality.
- 10 years of experience in supplier quality and power technology.
- Experience scripting languages and SQL.
- Experience with reliability prediction tools.
About the job
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Improve the quality of power components throughout the product life cycle.
- Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturers to monitor quality and reliability performance. Drive continuous improvements, investigate failure analysis, identify true root causes, and drive corrective and preventive actions in collaboration with partner teams.
- Complete quality improvement initiatives with suppliers and Google engineering team.
- Manage the quality section of supplier scorecards during business reviews and drive systemic quality and reliability improvements.
- Conduct and manage supplier quality audits, driving high standards in manufacturing and quality.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?