Firmware Engineer, Modem L2/L3, Pixel
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan; Zhubei, Zhubei City, Hsinchu County, Taiwan.
- Bachelor's degree in Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in 3GPP Layer 2/Layer 3 protocols.
- Experience with LTE or 5G NR.
- Experience in C/C++ and embedded RTOS.
- Experience in modem software development and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of 3GPP LTE/NR Layer 2/Layer 3 protocol standards.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take initiative and work independently.
About the job
As a Firmware Engineer for Layer 2 (L2) and Layer 3 (L3), you will focus on development, integration, customization, and performance enhancement of modem L2/L3 features on Android devices, working closely with Pixel Software teams, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), and vendors. You will be responsible for validating the function and performance of L2/L3 features for in-market projects to guarantee the modem software quality. You will propose innovative and practical ideas to optimize engineering efficiency and software quality for modem software.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Analyze and resolve 3GPP Layer 2/Layer 3 Modem protocol issues in the NAS (non-access stratum) or AS (access stratum) domains.
- Collaborate with cross-layer teams and cross-organization teams to deliver high quality Pixel modem software.
- Generate and develop features, ideas, processes, and/or systems to improve product velocity and quality.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?