UX Designer, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with using UX tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Framer, etc.).
- Portfolio demonstrating UX Design work across multiple platforms.
- Experience working with enterprise design principles and products.
- Experience partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact.
- Experience leading design teams while keeping responsibilities as an individual contributor.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Develop user journeys, mockups, prototypes, storyboards, and presentations to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Work with Research, Engineering, and Product to strategize and design user-centric journeys that deliver delight and value to users.
- Iterate rapidly on designs based on feedback from users and stakeholders.
- Partner with other designers to refine design systems and integrate new features into our evolving products.
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure designs are implemented to spec and collaborate with them to come up with creative design solutions when technical challenges arise.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?