UX Designer, Fitbit
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and cross-functional stakeholders throughout the design process (i.e. from design hypothesis to creating user flows and wireframes, to the specification and build of user interface mockups and prototypes)
- A portfolio that demonstrates refined digital product design across multiple projects
- Experience designing for connected mobile experiences
- Experience working closely with, and/or contributing to design systems
- Experience working in highly matrixed organizations
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
At Fitbit our mission is to help people live healthier lives, and considered, effective, and impactful user experience design is key to us supporting our user's goals.In this role, you will be supporting the design of activity-centered health and wellness experiences in Fitbit.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Design and validate experiences to support users at the beginning of their journey with Fitbit, through helping them define and work towards their personal health goals and beyond.
- Work closely with cross-functional peers and partners to craft consistent and connected user experiences across Fitbit's mobile product surfaces.
- Support the entire UX lifecycle from discovery, through UXR validation, to enabling engineering implementation with production of appropriate fidelity design specification.
- Contribute to the wider UX team culture in EMEA, through participation in UX Critiques, Workshops, and Sprints as we evolve our process and practice.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?