Lead Test Engineer, Pixel Test Engineering
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience leading test plans development, managing software test automation processes using object oriented scripting languages (e.g., Python, Java, C++).
- 3 years of experience in leading technical projects/teams, serving as a subject matter expert in test automation domain area.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 4 years of experience providing technical leadership and leading projects (e.g., test, release, etc.) in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Experience in developing mobile device integrated tools, designing automated internal frameworks, building monitor system, or improving testing effectiveness.
- Knowledge of system components, interfaces, and protocols on mobile devices such as touch, display, camera, audio, cellular, wi-fi, bluetooth, network protocols, power and battery, system performance, multimedia, sensors, touch, NFC, USB, Type-C,SPI, I2C, I2S, UART, etc.
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in multiple global locations, with the scope including design and develop test infrastructures/tools, in-house integration testing and carrier reports.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Drive the strategy for automation tools or scripts to improve product and engineering health.
- Deliver test plans based on product excellence/test strategies. Own test plan reviews with engineers and other stakeholders across functions.
- Guide the test framework, test preconditions, and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality.
- Own opportunities and manage efforts to improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development, scheduling, or deployment.
- Lead product design reviews with product managers, software/hardware engineers, and other stakeholders to contribute to product design, testability, and implementation.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?