Senior Software Engineer, Pixel Display
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Embedded Systems, HAL, or Device Driver.
- 5 years of experience in Display, Computer Graphics, Image Processing, or Computer Vision.
- 3 years of experience in feature design/architecture by C/C++ with data structure/algorithms.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5 years of experience in display technologies (e.g., performance/power analysis, display processor units, LCD and OLED panels, DSI/DisplayPort/HDMI standards) in Android or other mobile context.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role.
- 3 years of experience in involving cross-functional projects.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Drive complete development cycles of new Pixel display projects, from requirements and design through implementation and establishing test plans.
- Lead the design and development of Pixel Hardware Abstraction Layers (HALs), Android HAL implementations, kernel drivers, and bootloader drivers.
- Collaborate closely with Android Platform teams on enabling Pixel and contribute technical leadership of cross module/function features.
- Elevate users’ experiences by developing the team’s infrastructure, keeping code quality high, and implementing tools (e.g., test suite, telemetry) to guide future software and hardware efforts.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?