Engagement Manager, Google Cloud Professional Services
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Bangalore, Karnataka, India; Mumbai, Maharashtra, India; Gurugram, Haryana, India.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a customer-facing role, interfacing with executive stakeholders, driving IT technical implementations, transformation programs, or other initiatives.
- Experience supporting customers in one of the following: cloud operations, IT consulting, or program management organizations.
- MBA or Master's degree in Management, Technical, or Engineering field.
- Demonstrated experience in value consulting, proposal development, and execution with public cloud providers.
- Experience collaborating with channel partners, systems integrators, and third-parties to deliver and manage implementation of high-impact solutions.
- Knowledge of three or more of the following: IT operations, database systems, networking, IT security, application development, service architecture, cloud-native application development, hosted services, storage systems, and cyber security.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Our Professional Services Organization (PSO) in Google Cloud delivers product, strategy, and implementation expertise to our strategic customers to help them get the most out of their Google Cloud investments.As an Engagement Manager (EM), you will help customers successfully adopt Google Cloud products and lead the business development of Professional Services engagements with our customers to help drive the successful adoption of Google Cloud. In this role, you will be a stakeholder in the successful delivery of Professional Services engagements to drive customer adoption of Google Cloud services.You will regularly engage with a variety of stakeholder groups, including executives of large enterprises and a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team within Google to help gather requirements, scope engagements, plan, and deliver service offerings to accelerate the cloud adoption journey. You'll also travel approximately 30% of the time.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Accelerate customer adoption of Google Cloud by leading the development of the implementation strategy for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) customers.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Engineering to capture customer requirements and develop a services strategy for individual accounts, and act as the point of contact for services sales in concert with the sales team.
- Collaborate with our PSO Consultants to determine project goals, define success criteria, and create Statements of Work (SOWs) for customer related projects.
- Coordinate with the PSO Consultant and other stakeholders to develop staffing, project plans and schedules, including working with external GCP delivery partners as needed.
- Maintain project level oversight and manage exceptions related to timelines, milestones, migration goals, and business transformation strategies.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?