Firmware Engineer, Layer 1 Acoustic, Pixel Mobile Wireless
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications/Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with 3GPP/3GPP2 standards.
- Experience in modem GSM/WCDMA/LTE/NR L1 performance/field issue analysis.
- Experience in C/C++ and embedded RTOS.
- Knowledge of acoustic Mean Opinion Score (MOS) field trial issue debug.
- Familiar with test equipment for signaling tests (e.g., Anritsu 8821, CMW 500, UXM).
About the job
As a Firmware Engineer on the Layer 1 Acoustic team, you’ll focus on the modem acoustic task, including the development, integration, customization, and performance enhancement of modem acoustic on Android devices, working closely with Pixel Software/Hardware teams and vendors. You'll be the point of contact for all debugging, analyzing, and fixing modem acoustic issues from certification, field testing, and customers.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Debug, analyze, and fix modem acoustic issues from certification, field testing, and customers.
- Validate the function and performance of modem acoustic features.
- Co-work with Software/Hardware teams to deliver high-quality Pixel modem.
- Develop the acoustic automation tool to secure the functionality.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?