Semiconductor Commodity Manager
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- 7 years of experience in Commodity Management
- Experience in semiconductor design, chip packaging, and testing
- MBA or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field
- Understanding of Fab, Assembly, and Test processes
- Analytical skills in cost modelling, quotation analysis, roadmap development, and supplier selection
- Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership, and cross-functional stakeholder management skills
About the job
Commodity Managers work with Engineering teams to make sure Google has the supplies and equipment to put into production the innovative products coming from our Engineering teams. As a Commodity Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global -- and growing -- infrastructure. The scale at which Google operates means that savings on just one piece of hardware can have a huge impact on Google's bottom line.
As Semiconductor Commodity Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of sourcing strategy, supplier development, and ongoing performance management to Google's technology and business needs. You'll develop and execute Google's sourcing strategy for our semiconductor components in support of our infrastructure deployment that powers all of Google's services. You will be a key part of an end-to-end supply chain team that drives continuous improvement and ensures operational excellence.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop long-term sourcing strategies for semiconductors and ICs. Develop and manage master purchase agreements with suppliers.
- Lead the coordinated supplier operational team to achieve optimal manufacturing lead time and efficient supply chain. Define manufacturing key stages, bottle-neck, and develop monitor metrics for capacity model analysis.
- Interface with engineering for early engagement and best TCO. Manage supplier for design capability, technology alignment, cost, quality, and delivery.
- Organize supplier audits for fab process readiness and quality.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?