System Engineering Program Manager, Fitbit (English, Mandarin)
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in NPI program management for consumer/commercial electronics.
- Experience working in ODM/CM/JDM models of product development and phase gate approach.
- Experience in NPI build management on consumer or commercial electronics devices.
- Knowledge of product life-cycle, tools, processes, and operations planning.
- Ability to capture the big picture quickly, focus on key points, improve processes and plans, and drive several tasks at once.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Chinese Mandarin fluently.
- Excellent team management and creative thinking skills, with the ability to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups, and vendors.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
As a System Engineering Program Manager, you will work closely with engineers, product managers, and engineering partners to get products built, tested and released on time. You will coordinate many fast-changing, moving parts and get them to come together as a product. You will ensure the product requirements are captured, managing cross-functional communication and technical dependencies with other Fitbit and Google teams, creating and driving the overall program schedule, resources, identifying and mitigating risk at all stages, and defining the overall rhythm and meeting touch points between teams. You will be flexible to triage all issues, drive focus during root cause analysis, and manage schedule and execution for all elements of new device New Product Introduction (NPI) products.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Manage Fitbit development NPIs and drive the overall tactical execution and strategy of the team.
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute solutions development risks and issues to meet system build milestones, cost, and manufacturability.
- Drive product development processes and phase gate reviews with the cross-functional teams.
- Develop and manage program schedules and resource needs with Engineering and Operations teams.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and leadership and lead resolution on key technical issues.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?