Test Development Engineer, Manufacturing
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
Only applications of candidates with Mexican citizenship will be evaluated for this role in compliance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Federal Labor Law.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Mexico.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in Software Development or Test Engineering
- Experience with Python software development
- Experience working with server or network hardware
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience in testing products for manufacturing, working with partner or contract mfg (ODM, OEM, JDM)
- Experience with cloud platform software development
- Experience working in software development teams
- Experience with Linux or window operating systems and Bash scripting
About the job
In this role, you will be responsible for providing ongoing software development support for external manufacturing partners and internal Google test development teams. You will develop Python based hardware test solutions within Google manufacturing test platform, manage the overall health of test infrastructure, and deploy test platform changes to our manufacturing sites globally.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop and modify Python test scripts based on test specifications
- Collaborate with internal and partner teams to improve cost, coverage, and quality for Google manufacturing test systems
- Perform root cause analysis of system test failures and implement corrective or preventive actions
- Set up Linux or Window based test stations
- Work with cross-functional teams to define test specifications for data center products
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?