Firmware Engineer, Pixel Networking
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Java, RUST).
- Experience designing, implementing, or using networking protocols.
- Experience in linux kernel and bring-up products running on RTOS.
- Experience programming in Java, Rust.
- Experience designing, implementing, or using networking protocols (e.g., IPv6, IPv4, UDP/TCP, DNS, HTTP, QUIC, TLS).
- Experience writing or using higher-level networking code (e.g., HTTP and RPC client libraries).
- Experience in interconnection drivers(e.g., PCIE) and Linux kernel
networking stack and drivers.
- Familiar with VPN and cryptography, such as IKEv2 or IPSec.
About the job
Pixel Networking Team aims to provide an exceptional connectivity experience for Pixel users. We are responsible for Pixel networking functions (i.e., routing, firewalling, forwarding, VPNs, data usage, metrics, etc.). We operate at all layers (i.e., Linux kernel, BPF, native daemons, and Java system and API layers).
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Design and develop firmware for microcontroller (e.g., bring-up the microcontroller, load the image or implement drivers/debugging interface for the controller).
- Work with the Hardware team to design and implement the firmware to filter/forward/encrypt IP packets.
- Implement the kernel driver or daemon to pass session table information from Android to microcontroller.
- Test and debug the firmware to ensure all the implementation is bug free and write design documentation for firmware.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?