Technical Program Manager, Pixel Test Engineering
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- 5 years of experience in program/project management.
- Experience with program managing feature development on mobile.
- Experience with the Android platform and ecosystem.
- Understanding of software testing, mobile devices release cycles, mobile device OEMs, and suppliers.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple locations (e.g., US, APAC locations in Taiwan, Shanghai, India, etc.).
- Excellent strategic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and storytelling skills.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead the horizontal operational effort to support large-scale test operations for multiple teams across Platform and Ecosystem products (e.g., Pixel phones, Tablet, Wearable, etc.).
- Work with executive leads to evaluate and recommend solutions that will help improve operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness. The portfolio includes: vendor operation management, device and equipment management, lab and space management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?