Manufacturing Technical Program Manager, Pixel Product Operations (English)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience working and managing international Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partners
- Experience in leading technical projects in consumer electronics or related companies and with factory electronics or mechanical failure analysis, repair, and technical management
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Master's or MBA in engineering or a related field.
- Experience working on mobile phone projects
- Experience with board and/or system level repair of consumer electronics in fast paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence decisions effectively across all project stakeholders and levels
- Ability to travel as needed (30% or more)
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you'll lead the factory failure analysis team and drive program yield with internal and/or external stakeholders. You will work closely with the design team and contract manufacturer in order to get high-quality products built, validated, and delivered on time. You’ll coordinate many fast-changing, moving parts and ensure they come together as a product. You will also be responsible for identifying and managing risks, making sound judgments about best practices, quality, and giving reasonable action at the right time.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead the cross-functional team to solve problems from the NPI to Ramp in support of new product introductions
- Manage FA SOP, factory resources, layout planning, process routing, and FA WIP disposition for all development build activities
- Perform repair studies to understand component scrap rates, influence repairability of product design, reduce material attrition costs, and close out open issues from Proto to Ramp
- Review and submit FA/Take Apart equipment requirement plans, along with an assessment of the solution robustness to meet the requirements of the operation, and the implementation of any additional solutions to mitigate any risks to the plan.
- Drive manufacturing SMT and FATP yield improvements, failure analysis, statistical analysis, tolerance analysis, and product repairability
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?