Regional Materials Program Manager, Global Capacity Delivery
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in materials program management.
- Experience with material management with contract manufacturers.
- Experience in server products and leading Contract Manufacturers (CMs).
- Experience in material management.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent detail- oriented, team player, problem-solving, and communication skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will be responsible for material planning, execution, and process improvements in our supply chain. You will work closely with New Product Introduction (NPI), Supply Planning, Purchasing, Engineering, Commodity Management, Contract Manufacturing, and Suppliers to develop and oversee the execution of the material plans that directly support Google hardware infrastructure.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Be the owner of the sustaining products and drive material readiness for mass production builds in a balanced and sustained fashion via collaboration with Contract Manufacturers, Planning team, and Commodity Managers.
- Ensure smooth product transitions, be the primary material liaison with Planning, New Product Introduction and Contract Manufacturer for Product bring up and launch, and identify supply chain risks and mitigation steps to ensure material readiness from product goes into mass production and through End of Life (EOL).
- Communicate status, risks, and influence change, drive initiatives and process improvements to help the team to become more scalable, and represent the materials organization in internal program meetings.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?