Software Engineer, Embedded Systems Development, Silicon
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan; Banqiao District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 220.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with embedded software development in C/C++ (bare metal, RTOS or Linux kernel)
- Experience with basics of computer architecture
- Experience in ARM architecture and standard interfaces, bare-metal programming, bootloader, and firmware
- Experience in Linux kernel, device drivers, and Android system programming
- Experience in verification using FPGAs and/or emulation platforms
- Experience modifying simulation platforms for custom IP (e.g., QEMU)
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Develop and integrate Linux kernel driver for SoC internals.
- Bring up and debug issues up and down hardware/software stack.
- Develop and integrate models for pre-silicon software development on a simulation platform.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?