System Engineering Lead, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in electronics system design.
- Experience in one of the following areas: architecture, power/battery, low/high speed interface (e.g., HDMI, PCIe, MIPI, SPI, I2C, DDR, USB, I2S/PDM) or analog/camera engineering.
- Experience leading teams or mentoring engineers for Joint Design Manufacturing (JDM)/Original Device Manufacturer (ODM) model.
- Experiences in driving projects to mass production.
- Knowledge of display/camera/sensor module design, debugging, implementation, and hardware product execution such as industrial design, cost, and factory operations.
- Ability to design, validate, enhance multiple domains (e.g., software component design, system design trade-off across cost, and performance).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time domestically or Internationally, as needed.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Help the Core team coordinate next step, build consensus, and land in solution space.
- Lead Electrical Engineering team to ensure hardware specification deliverables are met at each design phase.
- Manage new design concept, features through exploration, prototyping, and implementation to mass production
- Partners with cross-functional leads to assess the technical feasibility of the system integration and program schedule.
- Lead technical communication across system level issues.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?