Camera Design Engineer, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Optics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in camera system engineering.
- Experience in implementation of high volume camera module products.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time as required.
- Experience in mechanical design and tolerance analysis of highly constrained and high-precision designs.
- Experience in electronic circuit and system design related to camera modules Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (CMOS) sensors, MIPI, LVDS, or SPI.
- Experience in image quality test and evaluation, including test charts selection, algorithms, and lighting.
- Experience in prototypes bringup and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support.
- Experience in failure analysis techniques (e.g., X-ray, CT scan, SEM, or optical microscopy), with the ability to use root cause and corrective action analysis.
About the job
The Google Nest Camera team architects, designs, develops, validates, and integrates camera subsystems for Google Nest products. As a Camera Hardware Engineer, you will take ownership of development and integration of high performance camera systems.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software and services offerings for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Nest team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Collaborate with system Electrical, Mechanical, and Process teams to integrate camera subsystems into products.
- Manage factory test requirements, specifications, and documentation to communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Bring design to mass production by traveling on-site to support product manufacturing, testing, debugging, and yield improvement activities.
- Work with cross-functional teams (e.g., software, product design, industrial design, test, program management, operations, finance, etc.) to deliver a successful product to market.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?