Advanced CPU Methodology and CAD Engineer, CPU
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in developing design methodology or CAD flows in synthesis, PNR, or sign-off areas.
- Experience in writing production scripts for implementation and sign-off tools.
- Experience in evaluating multiple vendor solutions and driving tool decisions.
- Knowledge of high-performance, low-power physical design and implementation techniques with industry standard synthesis, PnR or Sign-off tools.
- Knowledge of computer architecture and exposure to cutting edge technology nodes across foundries.
- Proven track record of delivering metric driven PPA flow development and support.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Develop industry leading high performance and low power complex design flows for advanced CPUs.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to develop efficient flows, tools and features.
- Perform technical evaluations of vendors, process nodes and IP, and provide recommendations.
- Create flow specification and documentation. Support and train execution teams based on developed tools and flows.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?