NFC Firmware Engineer, Google Pixel
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan; New Taipei, Banqiao District, New Taipei City, Taiwan.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in C, C++ or Java programming, and Linux driver development.
- Experience with Near-field communication driver, software stack, or framework development.
- Experience with NFC or Secure Element software stack development.
- Understanding of all major standards such as GSMA, EMVco, NFC Forum, Global Platform.
- Excellent problem-solving, investigative, and troubleshooting skills.
About the job
In this role, you will work on a specific project critical to Google with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our business grow and evolve. You will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. You will develop the whole software stack for future android devices. You will also help architect, develop, test and deploy complex embedded consumer devices.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Design, implement and optimize Pixel Near Field Communication (NFC) and SecureElement features.
- Work with different chip vendors to develop and integrate features on Pixel devices.
- Address the NFC and Secure Element issues from software, firmware, or controller.
- Design automated testing infrastructure.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?