Software Engineer, Full-stack, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: on-device algorithms, embedded Linux, data analysis/experiments, machine learning, iOS development
- Experience coding with C or C++ programming languages
- Experience in driving product excellence through well-defined quality metrics and metrics-oriented optimization
- Experience building and developing large-scale infrastructure, distributed systems, or networks
- Experience with compute technologies, storage, or hardware architecture
- Excellent ownership and problem-solving skills, with a willingness to learn/grow
- Interest in IoT and smart home technologies
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software and services offerings for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Nest team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Design and develop the full software stack for next generation Smart Home devices, platforms, and/or apps. Work across the entire stack from kernel OS, device app, data analysis, and intelligent algorithms.
- Build evaluation datasets, metrics, and infrastructure to understand and optimize the behavior of our features and algorithms.
- Manage individual projects' priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Support a multitude of user-facing features that rely on the quality and performance of compute-constrained embedded systems.
- Own full software cycle from prototype, design, development, testing, integration, debugging to product launch, and collaborate with cross-functional teams including PM, UX, EngProd, and Partner Engineering.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?