System Power Engineer, Pixel
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Diego, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA.
- 4 years of experience with mobile phone hardware subsystems, including application processor, multimedia, GPU, modem, and Wi-Fi
- 4 years of experience working with the Linux kernel and Android systems
- 4 years of experience optimizing software for power and performance improvements
- 4 years of experience coding in C/C++
- Experience working with embedded software system design
- Ability to collaborate with different stakeholders across teams
- Creative problem-solving approach and problem solving skills
About the job
The Pixel System Power team owns the battery life aspect of the Pixel system software, which is a problem that straddles both software and hardware domains. We work with teams spanning the entire software and hardware stack to define, prototype, optimize, and bring to the consumer devices software solutions and great user experiences.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $119,000-$174,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Coordinate efforts with teams across Android platforms, applications, and hardware teams to ensure great battery life for Pixel devices. Work with cross-functional hardware and software teams to model power consumption and define power goals.
- Analyze and optimize the software running across the key components of the chipset (SoC) (e.g., CPU, GPU, Memory Subsystem and Connectivity).
- Debug and resolve battery drain issues.
- Collaborate with Android app teams across Google to help them optimize power.
- Develop tools and tests for validating and monitoring power consumption.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?