Industrial Designer, Onsite Support, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working in design.
- Experience in assessing cosmetic quality across a variety of materials and finishes.
- Experience in communicating quality assessment to suppliers and develop plans for improvements
- Experience in CMF (Color, Material, and Finishing) development and execution.
- Experience in collaborating with US based design teams.
- Knowledge in technical and manufacturing .
- Ability to work independently while taking direction from team members in other regions.
- Ability to travel frequently throughout Asia and the United States.
About the job
Technology never stops evolving. Part of the engEDU educational team, Instructional Designers know what our engineers need to know and how to teach it. Using human learning principles, you develop Google's training programs by assessing Googler needs, designing curriculum and coordinating rollout to stakeholders all over the world. You evaluate training opportunities, participant satisfaction and program stability to make sure that Google's technical development programs are teaching skills that are truly valuable while reaching as many Googlers as possible. From face-to-face instruction to collaborative webinars, training programs can take any form and need to translate for Googlers of all backgrounds, levels and regions.
In this role, you will be responsible for onsite part-level and device reviews to ensure they meet the quality standards set by the Industrial Design (ID) team. Additionally, you will lead the design of sustaining design projects working closely with the ID team. You will be part of a team of designers and CMF (Color, Material and Finishing) experts working closely with engineering, quality, and supply chain to deliver the best of Google through our devices.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Conduct onsite supplier visits as a member of the Industrial Design team and communicate with suppliers to achieve quality standards.
- Review parts for cosmetic quality throughout development to ensure they meet the standards established by the Industrial Design team.
- Review fully-assembled devices to assess build quality, fit and finish, and step and gap.
- Drive the design of accessories and sustaining products working closely with ID team based in Mountain View, CA.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members including CMF, engineering, quality, and supply chain.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?