Senior RTL Design Engineer, Camera Image Signal Processor
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience designing RTL digital logic using SystemVerilog for Field-programmable Gate Array (FPGA), ASICs, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Perl or Python.
- Experience in area, power, and performance optimization.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience implementing Camera Image Signal Processor (ISP) image processing blocks or other multimedia IPs, such as Display or Video Codec.
- Experience in area, power, and performance design optimization.
- Experience with ASIC design methodologies for clock domain checks and reset checks.
- Proficient in scripting languages, C or C++ programming, and software design skills.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (e.g., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation, troubleshooting, or debugging with vendors.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Provide the microarchitecture definition for the Camera IP hardware designs, and subsystem or ASIC top-level integration.
- Define and develop RTL implementations that meet competitive power, performance, and area targets.
- Perform RTL coding, function simulation debug, performance simulation debug, and Lint, CDC, FV, and UPF checks.
- Participate in synthesis, timing closure, power closure, FPGA bring-up, and Silicon bring-up.
- Participate in test plan and coverage analysis of the sub-system and chip-level verification.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?