Senior User Support Specialist, Data Management
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Ann Arbor, MI, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Detroit, MI, USA.
- 7 years of experience in People Operations including Payroll systems and processing, compensation program management, and compensation operations
- Experience using tools such as workday and other technologies across the HR ecosystem
- Strong operational mindset to deliver services and process improvements
- Ability to translate information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication including levels of empathy, which are key to supporting sensitive user needs
About the job
The Google People Services, Operations function is the services and program management group within People Operations that makes HR stuff easy and intuitive for Googlers. Our global team optimizes people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across People Operations and in engineering to bring innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers, and work in Google’s fast-paced environment to deliver 100+ operational services, manage the contingent workforce and implement HR programs across 70+ countries. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Operations team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement some of the most complex global operations around the world.
The User Support team of the Google Experience (GX) organization, delivers exceptional experiences to our users. This team runs global operations and builds a framework to manage user queries and processes to an exceptional standard. The User Support function relies on metrics and insights to drive thoughtful workforce planning. They make recommendations for program improvements, and deliver consistent and reliable support around the globe.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Deliver above and beyond operational excellence within the Employee Data Management service lines
- Serve as the primary Americas liaison between Compensation / Payroll teams and the Employee Data Management team within User Support
- Collaborate on initiatives as the User Support Employee Data Management subject matter expert to address user needs within Compensation and Payroll initiatives and programs, Including consulting on content, process, and policy improvements
- Lead User Support operations execution related to Compensation and Payroll initiatives and programs, implementing and executing on service delivery improvements and new process/scope changes in this space, including extended workforce activities
- Develop deep expertise in the systems supporting Googler Experience service areas, troubleshooting day-to-day issues and consulting with partners on changes to systems infrastructure
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?