Lead Network Engineer, Google Cloud VMware Engine
- Certification in CCIE/CCDE/JNCIE network or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in networking environments.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment.
- Experience with enterprise network design and operations in a global environment.
- Certification in VMware network (VCP-NV/VCIX-NV/VCDX-NV).
- Knowledge of the IS-IS, VXLAN, BGP, EVPN, and Network Virtualization technologies/protocols.
- Knowledge of VPN technologies (e.g., Palo Alto, VyOS, pfSense, Cisco ASR).
- Knowledge of Linux networking functionalities.
- Knowledge of Python or Go.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As a Lead Network Engineer, you will assist in launching and supporting the Google VMware Engine service and infrastructure, across 13 regions and thousands of nodes, leveraging both Google Native and Google Extension Data Centers.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Run customer on-premise VMware workloads natively on Google Cloud. Experience on Vmware, Firewalls, along with Cloud networking protocols.
- Work to resolve network service issues in VMware Engine (NSX-T). Troubleshoot and resolve end-to-end customer networking issues across the google cloud interconnects, customer onprem networks and data center deployments.
- Implement new Google Cloud capabilities and changes in partnership with the Developer teams and design and implement processes for the efficient operation of networks and VMWare stack.
- Scale systems sustainably through Google tools and automation, and evolve systems by driving change that improves reliability and velocity.
- Participate in rotating on call schedule for customer escalation support for Google Cloud customers.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?