Security Engineer, Cloud Enterprise Infrastructure Protection
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Raleigh, NC, USA; Durham, NC, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in security.
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods and two or more in the following: operating system internals and hardening, security network design and protocols, and security assessments.
- Experience coding in one general purpose languages.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in developing security tools, automation, or frameworks.
- Knowledge of techniques, standards, capabilities for authentication, authorization, and use of cryptographic systems.
About the job
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work directly with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
As the Security Engineer, you will build a new engineering function in the Cloud CISO organization to secure Cloud, the customer, and the planet.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $133,000-$194,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design infrastructure and drive its implementation to protect Google networks and systems.
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of Google engineering and business teams.
- Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure.
- Drive enterprise-focused security improvements to Google products and services.
- Build security tools and processes using Python or Go for critical infrastructure protection, monitoring, and remediation.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?