Product Quality Engineer, Google Nest
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with product quality development best practices, mobile or consumer electronics manufacturing with audio, wireless, and display consumer electronics.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience in preventing quality loss in the early stage of manufacturing, implementing quality escalation process, and on-going product improvement with contract manufacturing partners.
- Experience leading cross-functional, problem-solving teams using practical approaches (e.g., Quality Metrics, Design of Experiments, or Statistical Process Control/Six Sigma).
- Experience working with embedded systems, digital logic board process engineering, and wireless subsystem testing.
- Ability to implement quality metrics, capture critical measuring system analysis, increase yields, and implement cost-effective methods.
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin Chinese fluently.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, domestically and internationally.
About the job
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
As a Product Quality Engineer, you will evaluate the product designs and create the quality processes, tools, and procedures to help continuously improve the customer experience by improving product quality at manufacturing site. You will work very closely with Product Management, Product Design, System Engineering, Product Operations, and Supply Chain teams.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Define and implement product quality plans through the product development cycle and ensure effective execution in the sustaining cycle.
- Develop contract manufacturing quality development strategy and framework, and lead factory quality resource, process, performance and capability development, qualification and implementation.
- Manage factory quality issue escalation process and lead factory failure analysis, risk assessment, disposition and containment/corrective/preventative action implementation.
- Set up the proper quality metrics, drive design of experiments, and collect statistical process control data to enable evaluation, qualification, and verification of manufacturing quality across all contract manufacturers and product lines.
- Lead product cosmetic management and Final Assembly Test Packout (FATP) material quality management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?