Software Engineer, Connectivity, Google Nest
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with connectivity components such as Wifi/Bluetooth
- Experience coding with C or C++ programming languages.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: networking, embedded Linux, network security, wireless technologies, and data analysis.
- Excellent ownership and problem solving skills.
- Interest in IoT and smart home technologies.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software and services offerings for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Nest team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Work on design and development of platform, system software, tools, and features for various Google Nest consumer products.
- Design and develop the device software stack for next generation Smart Home router and mesh networking software. Work across the entire stack from kernel, driver, cutting-edge wireless, and wired connectivity technologies, to future connectivity services in user space.
- Work cross-functionally with adjacent Google Nest products and Google Cloud/Application teams.
- Contribute to device software architecture to enable future Google Nest Wifi product strategy.
- Own full software cycle from prototype, design, development, testing, integration, debugging to product launch. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product management, user experience, engineering productivity, and partner engineering.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?