Senior Systems Engineer, Fitbit
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in system engineering on battery operated devices.
- Experience in power/performance trade-offs.
- Experience with System on a Chip (SoC) architecture, data processing, and memory management on ARM based devices.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with mobile device architecture.
- Experience architecting and debugging Android based embedded systems.
- Knowledge of electronic circuits.
- Knowledge of silicon architecture and the silicon manufacturing cycle.
- Knowledge of C/Python development, with excellent software architecture skills.
About the job
As a Systems Engineer/Architect for Fitbit Systems and Engineering Architecture team, you will support the design and development of increasingly complex wearable and connected devices. The Systems team bridges the gap between hardware and firmware. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with other engineering groups, and work in small teams that solve a variety of exciting technical issues.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Design, develop, and drive embedded system designs to help create the next-generation of wearable fitness devices and interface with SoC vendors to define SoC architecture.
- Interface with program teams to understand the product/program requirement and translate it to system architecture which supports target product and aligns well with future products in the roadmap.
- Interface with electrical engineering for SoC selection, memory configuration, sensor and display selection, wireless communication interfaces, schematic reviews, etc.
- Interface with embedded software development teams to ensure Operating System selection, study software impact of component selection, evaluate and communicate Hardware programming sequences.
- Create system specification documentation and translate the product requirements, document requirements to a systems requirement specification.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?