Technical Program Manager, Security, Pixel Test Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in program management (leading cross-functional projects/programs).
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Experience in mobile devices, hardware/software/embedded software, and Android software development.
- Experience as a key contributor to multiple complex, large-scale projects, driving technically cross-functional projects across multiple organizations with highly technical engineering teams.
- Ability to communicate and influence with multiple levels including executive leadership, partners, managers, and engineers to develop strategic relationships and drive execution effectively.
- Ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.
About the job
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work with cross-functional teams within Pixel and across product areas, such as Pixel Privacy and Security, Pixel Core System, Pixel Camera, Android Security and Privacy (ASAP), User Trial and Testing, and other Pixel Test Engineering teams. You will organize current programs and develop a program management strategy for next generation test automation infrastructure and tooling development. You will ensure schedules, commitments, and priorities are aligned within Pixel Test Engineering, the Pixel product area, and with the Android partner teams.
In this role, you will be directly involved with shaping and driving our multi-year roadmap for scaling test operations in Pixel Security, Privacy, and Stability.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage complex and mission critical, cross-functional software projects, and next-generation test automation infrastructure and application suite development projects.
- Interface with Engineering Managers, Engineers, and Technical Program Managers across Pixel Software and Android, estimate work efforts, define milestones, and manage resources.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations, and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Develop broad domain and technical knowledge to understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary.
- Manage and mentor Technical Program Managers across geographically dispersed teams. Establish processes to improve learning and growth opportunities in a distributed environment, and standardize metrics used to measure performance such as quality coverage, test effectiveness, and program status tracking.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?