Technical Account Manager, Google Cloud Professional Services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a customer-facing role interfacing with executive stakeholders, driving customer technical implementation, or transformation programs.
- Experience supporting customers in cloud operations (e.g., launch and capacity planning, product release management), technical support, escalation management, or IT consulting.
- Experience collaborating with channel partners, systems integrators, and third-party developers to deliver high-impact solutions.
- Understanding of the financial services industry and experience translating business requirements into technological solutions.
- Understanding of one of the following: IT operations, database systems, networking, IT security, application development, service architecture, cloud-native application development, hosted services, storage systems, or content delivery networks.
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem-solving, and management skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will draw on customer-facing skills and technical acumen to help customers successfully adopt Google Cloud products. You will lead the successful adoption of Google Cloud at various organizations, guiding them through the strategic and technical facets of their Cloud transformation journey.As a TAM, you'll regularly engage with a variety of stakeholder groups, including executives of large enterprises and a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team. You will use your relationship management skills and technical credibility to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization. You will travel (domestically and internationally) approximately 25% of the time.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Accelerate customer adoption of Google Cloud by leading the implementation journey. Provide technical guidance and manage timelines, milestones, migration goals, and business transformation strategies.
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development. Lead across multiple work streams and teams to maintain customer momentum.
- Develop strategic relationships with stakeholders to understand a customer’s business and develop strategic roadmaps. Lead quarterly business reviews and executive sessions to better understand business and technical needs.
- Plan for customer events and launches, partnering with Support, Engineering, and Site Reliability Engineering to ensure customer success during critical moments. Work with customers and Support to guide issues/escalations to resolution.
- Develop best practices and resources that help accelerate cloud adoption and support initiatives to scale through partners.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?