Test Automation Engineer, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in the development of automated test solutions in Labview and Python
- Experience using lab instruments (e.g., oscilloscope, DMM, Power Supplies, etc.)
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience developing automated test solutions in Labview and Python
- Knowledge of Android system framework and automation testing
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and Bash scripting
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Knowledge of system components, interfaces, and protocols on consumer electronic devices (e.g., touch, display, camera, audio, cellular, wi-fi, bluetooth, power and battery, system performance, multimedia, sensors, USB, Type-C,SPI, I2C, I2S, UART, etc.)
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- Develop scalable and reliable automated tests and frameworks for testing consumer hardware devices.
- Develop and maintain team oriented tools or platform to increase productivity.
- Automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing infrastructure as necessary.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?