Customer Engineer, Data Analytics, Google Cloud
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working in a sales engineering or a customer-facing role.
- Experience with traditional Analytic Warehouse solutions including Teradata, Netezza, Vertica, Oracle, SQL-Server, and Big Data technologies.
- Experience implementing analytics systems architecture.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience in technical sales or professional consulting in the fields of cloud computing, data, information lifecycle management, and Big Data.
- Experience developing data warehousing, data lakes, batch or real-time event processing and Extract Transform Load (ETL) workflows solutions including architecture design, implementing, tuning, schema design, and query optimization of scalable and distributed systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Hadoop/Spark ecosystem, BigQuery, Athena, Snowflake.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you will regularly answer questions about technical features, help customers design architectures, engage in proof- of-concepts, and troubleshoot potential roadblocks related to database migration and data back ends.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Make recommendations on the integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure needed to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- Support technical relationships with customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and Request For Information (RFI) response documents.
- Support local Sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, engaging customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?