Technical Program Manager II, Hardware Development, Fitbit
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in program or project management.
- 2 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience in hardware development, electrical engineering hardware design, or working on power subsystems and power validation.
- Experience in power architecture, power systems testing, or power optimization.
- Experience with the different methodologies to extract power data, using both power equipment and software interfaces.
- Experience with data analysis using tools (e.g., Python, MATLAB, R, JMP, Minitab).
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Fitbit’s Device Engineering Systems Power team is responsible for delivering exceptional performance and battery life on Fitbit products. Power is a key selling feature of our product and the team pride themselves on the excellent days of use numbers customers achieve using our products.
In this role, you’ll keep an innovative engineering team firing on all cylinders. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, and CMs/ODMs/OEMs to get high-quality products built, tested,and released on time. You will bridge the gap between critical technologies and the system, coordinating many fast-changing, moving parts that come together as a product.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$172,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead the Engineering team to identify power components used on new platforms and products. Drive root cause investigations for power regression and help optimize the power numbers for a device.
- Manage development of hardware modules and drive the overall tactical execution and strategy of the team for one or more systems.
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute tactical solutions to technology development risks and issues to meet system build milestones, cost, and manufacturability.
- Develop and manage hardware module schedules and resource needs with engineering and operations teams, and communicate project status to stakeholders and leadership.
- Interface between vendors and cross-functional engineering and operations teams driving builds and managing hardware module schedules, budgets, and performance.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?