Supplier Development Engineer, Display (English, Mandarin)
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a manufacturing/process/quality engineering of display roles.
- Experience in display process engineering.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently.
- Experience in manufacturing engineering with adhesives and dispensing processes.
- Experience launching products for contract manufacturers and original device manufacturers.
- Experience with sensor module design, processes, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of quality and statistical tools and methods.
About the job
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead and manage sensor modules manufacturing feasibility studies through theoretical simulation and practical engineering methods. Design and develop manufacturing processes to enable product designs and functional requirements.
- Provide technical direction to suppliers in order to establish and validate process capability during the New Product Introduction (NPI) phase.
- Drive and enable the delivery of a product and a manufacturing process into mass production.
- Engage in development activities working with cross-functional Product teams to identify and resolve technical/process issues, early detection, and highlight quality risks to core teams and management.
- Publish reports on supplier performance based on production line statistics in the factory and field.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?