Technical Program Manager, Early Involvement
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, similar field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in Technical Program Management or Manufacturer Engineering in the consumer electronics industry
- 5 years of experience in device manufacturing or process engineering in a high-volume consumer electronics manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing industrial automation such as conveyors, stages, pneumatics, metrology, machine vision cameras, or robotic assembly
- Experience assessing manufacturing processes through the use of PFMEA, process monitors, capability analysis, root cause analysis, and design of experiments
- Excellent communicator and team player, with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced development environment and willing to help and ask for help
- Proficiency in a mechanical design tool such as Solidworks, NX, or Creo
About the job
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices and Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices and Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Collaborate with engineering teams on system level Design for Manufacturability, drive DFM, and PFMEA activities to ensure prospective product and process shortcomings are identified and mitigated.
- Develop manufacturing and New Product Introduction (NPI) processes via cross-functional collaboration with Product Design, Quality, and Operations teams to ensure excellent manufacturability and product quality.
- Work with Contract Manufacturing teams on Product development innovations. Evaluate existing factory processes and identify opportunities for savings and improvement through the use of automation.
- Assess manufacturing processes through the use of statistical methods and Six Sigma techniques. Define data collection requirements, identify root causes of yield loss, manufacturing process non-conformities, and implement necessary corrective actions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?