Staff Security Engineer, Services and Applications Infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in analyzing systems and identifying security problems.
- 5 years of experience in code auditing, data security, and security reviews.
- Experience in analyzing infrastructure and identifying security problems, threat modeling, services security, design and security reviews, and assessing security features.
- Experience building and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- Experience designing and assessing security features.
- Experience evaluating vulnerabilities and responding to incidents.
- Technical knowledge of virtual machines, containerization, microservice architecture, cloud IAM design, or network security.
About the job
The goal of the Devices and Services Security and Privacy team is to ensure that all business units within our business area, including Google Nest and Fitbit develop and maintain trustworthy products. Our team has oversight of the cloud infrastructure supporting the Devices and Services team's broad array of products and services, working closely with various engineering and product teams. We design, monitor, and help improve the security of a diverse array of cloud infrastructure services, ultimately helping to protect Google systems and our user’s data. Our team also co-designs platforms and services, supports vulnerabilities management and incident response, and provides technical consulting services to a number of teams within the Devices and Services business area. The Devices and Services business area develops technically complex software technologies in collaboration with other organizations at Google (e.g., Assistant, Fit, Android, Advanced Technology and Projects group, etc.). Identifying and improving security architecture requires deep technical expertise as a security engineer to move the needle and reduce security risk. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to become our cloud infrastructure security Subject Matter Expert (SME) and work with closely engineering teams to improve the security of our cloud platforms.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices and Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices and Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$283,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead cross-collaboration with other engineering and products teams, and influence technical direction as well as provide guidance for complex infrastructure security engineering initiatives.
- Conduct threat modeling, design reviews, testing of new infrastructure, and uplift the security posture for existing environments.
- Drive security engineering projects to eliminate attack vectors, harden the platform, and enhance monitoring and intrusion detection systems.
- Support incident and vulnerability response in collaboration with other products and security teams at Google.
- Inspire, grow, and mentor technical talent while providing direction and setting technical direction for the team as a technical lead.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?