Senior Product Security Engineer, Devices and Platforms Security
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: New York, NY, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience working with devices, system software, or hardware.
- 2 years of experience in driving security reviews, audits, or testing.
- Experience driving in-depth security or privacy threat modeling and analysis.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, C/C++.
- Technical knowledge of computer architecture and device design.
- Technical understanding of common security and privacy issues and countermeasures in the system software and hardware spaces.
- Effective people, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Solid computer security fundamentals (applied crypto, protocols, authentication/authorization).
About the job
The Devices and Services Security and Privacy team ensures that business units like Pixel, Nest, Fitbit, and VR develop and maintain trustworthy products. We drive the security development lifecycle of a number of technologies including new services, apps, and products from design all the way to launch, and do so in collaboration with many teams including hardware, software, SRE, and privacy. Our engineers also support programs like Offensive Security and Research, Vulnerability Management, Analysis and Testing Automation, Reviews, Technical Consultations, and Vulnerability Rewards allowing us to directly protect Google users by shipping technologies that are designed and implemented with security in mind.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $157,000-$235,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Drive in-depth analysis of the architecture, design, and implementation of devices, including hardware and system software components.
- Define security requirements and influence the technical direction of new product initiatives.
- Evaluate the security of new products, conduct security and code reviews, and support vulnerability management.
- Drive resolution to security issues and define improvements in collaboration with others.
- Work with other engineers to define and influence the adoption of better design patterns and security assurance best-practices.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?