Software Engineer, Security and Privacy, Platforms and Ecosystems
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience testing/launching software, building software for data privacy/security, and in cloud computing environments.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Experience with web development and advertisement technology.
- Experience with specialized Machine Learning infrastructure, as well as with Android and deploying on-device ML models.
About the job
The Private Advertising Technology team is working on using cutting edge confidential computing technologies to evolve the APIs and infrastructure in Chrome and Android that support advertising use cases while limiting user tracking.
The Platforms and Ecosystems product area encompasses Google's various computing software platforms across environments (desktop, mobile, applications). The products provide enterprises, and ultimately end users, the ability to utilize and manage their services at scale. We build innovative and compelling software products—from apps to TVs, from laptops to phones—that have an impact on people’s lives across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$283,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design and implement high performance prototypes to evaluate design options for solving advertising use cases with SPICE technologies.
- Keep up to date with changes in SPICE technologies and identify developments relevant to what the team is building.
- Break down long technical roadmaps into achievable milestones to show feasibility of different approaches to stakeholders.
- Collaborate across teams in Platforms and Ecosystems, Ads, and Research.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?