Product Engineer, Servers and Storage Systems
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience developing supply chains in manufacturing and testing.
- Experience with manufacturing, including design failure mode, effects analysis, and computer architecture.
- Experience with storage servers.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 10 years of experience developing supply chains for new server and storage type products for the IT industry.
- Experience working with Original Device Manufacturers (ODMs), Contract Manufacturers (CM) and suppliers to drive root cause analysis, corrective actions, and continuous process improvements.
- Experience in data analytics and quality data systems.
- Understanding of electrical devices, fabrication processes, test, quality, reliability.
- Ability to create and execute a design validation test plan on a complex electronic assembly.
About the job
As a Product Engineer, you will evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools, and procedures behind Google powerful search technology. In this role, you will collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google Infrastructure needs and product specifications. You will ensure the various pieces of Google Infrastructure fit together and keep our systems for a seamless user experience.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $108,000-$158,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead design for manufacturing efforts across teams to ensure server/storage designs, process, test, and quality standards are optimized for production.
- Lead and guide Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure the product meets our specifications.
- Ensure manufacturing sites are prepared for product builds ahead of time. Provide on site support and lead defect correction efforts post build.
- Work with the Product Quality Engineer to establish product quality and reliability goals. Validate product qualification plans, support product qualification testing, and review product qualification test results to ensure product performance meets requirements.
- Perform technical review of product changes and assess impact on supply chain.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?