Firmware Engineer, Ultra Wideband, Google Pixel
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Taoyuan, Taoyuan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan; Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience coding with a general purpose programming language (e.g., C/C++, Java, Rust).
- Experience with the development of Android, Linux kernel or drivers.
- Experience with the development of UWB services, UWB stack, UCI, UWB driver, and UCI commands.
- Experience with application software development.
- Experience with bus protocols such as SPI and UART.
- Experience with FiRa and CCC specifications.
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments and the development of Linux device drivers.
- Excellent problem-solving, investigative, and troubleshooting skills.
About the job
As a Google Firmware Engineer, you will build innovative software solutions in creating new ways. You will develop the whole software stack of Ultra Wideband (UWB) for the future Pixel devices, ranging from SoC bringup to the platform. You will also take initiative, implement new ideas, and work towards the betterment of the product.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Design, implement, and support Ultra Wideband (UWB) features for Pixel devices.
- Collaborate with chipset vendors and Android Open Source Project (AOSP) team to develop and launch features for Pixel.
- Secure manufacturing related tools and processes, and handle issues reported from factories.
- Conduct technical analysis to resolve firmware/software issues.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?