Software Engineer III, Embedded Systems, Pixel Cellular Protocol
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- 2 years of experience with data structures or algorithms in either an academic or industry setting.
- Experience with 3GPP and C or C++.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 2 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- Experience in development with wireless technologies such as GSM, UMTS, LTE-FDD / LTE-TDD, and 5G NR.
- Experience in NAS and upper layer protocol stacks, such as domain selection, system selection, mobility management, session management, call control 5G slicing, etc.
- Experience in Cellular NAS Protocol Stack (e.g., MM, EMM, 5GMM, SM, ESM, and 5GSM), domain selection, system selection, and service layers, including data service, SIM protocol, multi-mode controller, calling and messaging service, and DSDS.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Develop modem software, with a focus on NAS and upper layer protocol stack layers.
- Develop thermal, power, calling, and performance optimized connectivity solutions.
- Develop innovative modem differentiators.
- Debug, analyze, and fix modem issues from factory, certification (e.g. GCF/PTCRB/IOT), field, and end users.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?