Database Operations Engineer, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience working with databases and technologies such as Oracle, Postgres, SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, and Linux.
- US Government Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) with polygraph security clearance.
- Experience administering Google Cloud services or container based applications or workloads.
- Experience working with and managing external partners/customers.
- Understanding of Kubernetes or other container orchestration products.
- Ability to design secure, well-architected systems based on customer requirements.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Database Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our database systems. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving database issues. You will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for customers' issues. In this role, you will sometimes need to work non-standard work hours, shifts or weekends along with being on-call.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000-$203,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Operate and maintain database systems.
- Optimize database performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues.
- Provide technical implementation support in customer environments, including guidance on implementation feasibility of cross-product integration.
- Participate in a 24/7, on-call rotation for incident response escalation within response and on-site Service Level Agreements (SLA).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?