Principal Architect, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience as an enterprise architect in a cloud computing environment or a customer-facing role.
- Experience in cloud computing (e.g., applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms and data), and cloud market and dynamics.
- Experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing distributed global cloud-based systems in network infrastructure, security, data, or application development.
- Experience with structured enterprise architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
- Knowledge of technology solutions, computing solutions and the enterprise technology buying and evaluation process.
- Ability to learn/work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve goals.
- Ability to deliver results, work cross-functionally, engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will lead cross-functional teams of experts to help customers design, plan, implement, and govern enterprise cloud strategies.You will demonstrate executive level qualities, lead the conversation, and direct the execution of the Sales team by combining technical and business insight. You will partner with the Value Engineering team in order to articulate the total value of each technical solution and the overall business partnership with Google Cloud.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$213,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Build an advisory relationship with strategic accounts and engage with Architects, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), and Chief Information Officer (CIO). Identify customer priorities, technical objections, and design strategies encompassing the entire Google ecosystem to deliver business value and resolve blockers.
- Provide domain expertise around public cloud and enterprise technology, and promote Google Cloud with customers, at conferences, and online.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to implement a complete solution.
- Manage the enterprise architecture relationship with customers by collaborating with specialists, product management, engineering, and more.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events up to 50% of the time.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?