Hardware Lab Generalist
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Papillion, NE, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics, Opto-Electronics, Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with Linux-based system administration and Kernel/Driver development.
- 2 years of experience with realtime motion control (e.g., motors/actuators, sensor feedback).
- 2 years of experience with embedded software development (e.,g. C, Go, Python, ROS).
- 2 years of experience with industrial controllers (e.g., Rockwell, Beckoff, Siemens), industrial robot programming (e.g., Fanuc, Kuka, ABB), industrial systems (Cognex, Keyence or OpenCV).
- Experience with Cloud-based software technologies (e.g., PubSub, IoT, data warehouse).
About the job
We believe there are many problems in the world in which robotics could play a significant role in making it easier, faster and safer for people to get things done. We’re looking for roboticists, designers, hardware and software engineers to help us explore these possibilities, develop breakthrough technologies, and build new products that could help millions of people.
In this role, you will design, build, and deploy the right amount of automation capability for our Partner teams. You will develop future roadmaps toward optimal use of automation throughout the manufacturing, supply chain, and data center facilities that support Google.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $77,000-$110,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Act as a team lead for deployment efforts with all automation systems, commissions automation systems, provide technical expertise on deployed automation for data centers, logistics, and security.
- Assemble, test, evaluate, attend and conduct training on new equipment and components and deploy automation/robotics systems.
- Provide feedback to the Engineering team for improvements, coordination of Computer Aided Design (CAD) layouts, system upgrades and serve as a point of escalation for problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Travel to data center locations to support deployment of new automation systems and provide technical support for deployed systems.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?