Senior Engineering Manager, Google Compute Engine
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in people management.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in software engineering.
- Experience working with two or more from the following areas such as distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Experience in people management and career development.
- Experience with Agile Project Management.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- Experience leading multiple teams.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
In this role, you will work on scalability, compliance and reliability support for Business Logic teams through services, practices and tooling to support and standardize the implementation across different business .
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery lifecycle of services to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Align strategy, processes, and decision-making across teams.
- Align with stakeholders and drive team planning to support Google Compute Engine (GCE) in delivering its business priorities.
- Build roadmap to meet anticipated future requirements and infrastructure needs.
- Collaborate across teams to deliver joint projects and deliverables.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.