Manager, Devices and Services Controllership
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Chicago, IL, USA; Bellevue, WA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent practical experience.
- Certification in Certified Public Accountants (CPA).
- 10 years of experience accounting in public accounting or a technical company.
- Experience working in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with consumer and retail hardware space and/or manufacturing industry.
- Experience assessing risk, designing and implementing processes/controls.
- Experience working across different functional groups in a company.
- Experience in resolving issues in a complex fast-changing environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels, set objectives, and drive results.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and people management skills, with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments.
About the job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end-to-end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you utilize your problem-solving skills to support business objectives. You're a business partner for your specific group and direct the month-end close process and resolve issues as they arise, while keeping those affected by these issues informed as needed.
In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Devices and Services Product Area (DSPA) and in other product areas. You will identify trade-offs and balance between risks and compliance. You will move to connect the dots, tap into problem-solving skills and work with a team to support Google business objectives.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $151,000-$232,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Drive compliance with Global Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program, coordinate with the Devices and Services business process owners and control owners to run SOX programs and ensure compliance. Plan annual SOX programs including scoping, timing, and execution.
- Evaluate control environment to ensure controls are designed to address identified risk.
- Manage risks with an understanding of the business and end-to-end Finance processes, including initial risk assessments of new key business processes and proposed control requirements.
- Assess training needs, develop training materials and ensure all stakeholders are trained on internal control requirements, design, and ownership.
- Evaluate control deficiencies and track remediation to completion, identify key Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) risks and mitigation strategies.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?